Friday, March 15, 2013

not much

So not much is going on here. Days pass, weeks pass, and I don't know where time is going. I feel like it was just Christmas, and now we are halfway through March.


I have absolutely zero writing skills left. My sentences are short and fragmented.... sometimes I feel like my brain is barely functioning.


It has been ridiculously pretty lately, and we have played outside a lot. We love being outside.

So, here are some of the recent happenings:
- Elias is potty trained. It was pretty easy, and he's doing really well. The only problem is he takes off his clothes before going to the bathroom, and this can get pretty awkward at church and at the library.... you get the picture. Whatever. I'm proud of him.


- We have a dog now. His name is Lucky. We like him, but he is an escape artist. This is him, outside of our fence.


- Elana is a sweet, lovable, fiesty, crazy little toddler. It feels weird to not have a little baby anymore. But she is still clingy like a baby, so there's that.


- Leah is growing up more and more every day. It's fun to watch.


I love watching my children play together. I love watching them communicate in a way that is just their own.


People have told me that having them so close together will be awesome in a couple of years. Sometimes I get glimpses of that....


Some days they play together so ridiculously well, and they all get along and it just seems magical. Other days not so much.


Some days I think to myself "wow, this is getting a lot easier." Other days it seems like there is no end in sight.


So right now we are figuring out naps/bedtimes, playing a ton, reading a ton, doing lots of "activities", taking life one day at a time, and I'm trying to "live in the moment" (whatever the heck that means. Sometimes I think I just throw out random catch phrases cause that's what people say...)


No comments:

Post a Comment