Leah has been on this ridiculous princess kick lately, probably spurred on by our disneyworld trip. She wants to dress like a princess pretty much every day, and often begs to wear her "beautiful dress" outside to play. Sometimes I let her, sometimes I don't. But she definitely loves it.
Leah talks alot. Incessantly, actually, and she's usually pretty hilarious. Or at least I think so. There are probably hundreds of things she has said, and I'm gonna try to write down a couple of them.
Leah- "I want a real dumbo Jr. For Christmas!" (dumbo is an elephant, fyi)
Me- "Dumbo is really big... where would he sleep?"
Leah- "He can sleep in my bed!"
Me- "then where will you sleep?"
Leah- "In your tummy!"
"Mommy, when I get huge like you, and grow up, and wear big bras, and have a baby in my tummy, and feed the baby with my boobies, then I can drink diet coke. But not now, cause that's an adult drink, and I'm just a little child."
"Ugh!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it getting dark outside again? Stupid World!!!!!!!!"
At the zoo, looking at the alligators :
"If that alligator gets out and tries to eat buddy, I'll jump on him, and hit him down, and bite him so hard, and eat him all up!"
"When I get bigger, and you are a little baby, then I will be in charge."
"Jesus isn't in my heart. He's in my neck. But we can't see him cause he lives in the sky."
"Mom! He's messing up the whole house! But I'm not, cause I'm a perfect princess!"
"Dear God, please help mommy be kind to others"
She has started having bad dreams lately, so one day we asked her what she dreamed:
"There were cows" she said. I asked "what were the cows doing?" "Nothing" was her answer. Sounds pretty scary to me!
- "Leah, did you have any dreams today?"
-"No dreams, just elephants in my head."
"Can I put gum in your hair?"
"No. Put it in your mouth"
"Can I put it in Elana's hair?"
"NO, keep it in your mouth"
"Can I put it in Elmo's hair?"
No, keep it in your mouth
"Oh wait Mommy, I have a great idea! I'm gonna put my gum in my mouth!"
Okay, so I may as well write down my new year's goals, because that's what all the cool people do (Katie and Sarah). First off, I absolutely hate resolutions of any kind, mainly because I never keep them, and I end up getting depressed and eating alot. Which doesn't help with my usual #1 resolution: lose 10 pounds. In spite of all of this, I will give it a whirl. Oh, and these are all gonna sound super cliche, too.
1. Read my bible more. I'm pretty that at the top of every single Christians resolution list. I almost don't even want to put it because it sounds so trite. But seriously, I really do need to read my bible more. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I have prayed more, or read my bible less. As in, I pray all the time, mostly short prayers throughout the day (ie: please help me not lose it) , but I have been very slack about having actual time designated for bible reading/study. Mostly because the time I do have I spend writing this blog or creeping on facebook. Like now.
2. Now for the second most cliche resolution: Lose weight. I hate dieting. Dieting makes me super hungry, and I hate being hungry. I am not a nice person when I'm hungry. I am not a happy person when I am hungry, and I generally really really love and enjoy food. All of this combined makes dieting very difficult, and usually pretty unsuccessful. I'm going to give it a whirl anyways, for the ten thousandth time since leah was born. I am going to adhere to the tried and true method of "eat less, move more." Which brings me to goal number 3.
3. Exercise semi regularly. I want to try to do the Shred, although the last two times I did the Shred I ended up pregnant by day 20. I also want to start training for a marathon. hahahahah... no I don't! Marathons are stupid. Why would any sane person want to run for 26 miles??????????? I would be very happy to be able to run a 5k without feeling like I'm going to die.
4. Since I already mentioned it.... Here's to no pregnancy in 2012!
5. I want to have intentional 1 on 1 time with all three of my kids on a regular basis. I think I'll just have to be flexible with this.
6. Have structured "preschool" time at least 3 mornings a week with Leah and Elias. I'm really really really horrible with structure, and a schedule, so we'll just have to see how this goes.