Saturday, August 21, 2010

Three tables

Before Eli was born, I wanted to get a couple of things done around the house. I think it was my version of nesting, because I definitely never got into a cleaning spree. I wanted a dining room table (it's actually in the kitchen though), that could seat at least 6 people comfortably, and that I could squeeze 8 people in if I needed to. I also did not want to pay a lot of money for it. So I looked for plans in the awesome knockoff-wood website that I have come to love so much. I found this design for a farmhouse table and bench, and set about making it. It was very easy to make, it took only a couple of hours. However, the sanding, staining, and polyurethane took several days. I absolutely love the way it turned out. 




I primed and painted our old coffee table, and now it's leah's "coloring table". 

This is the new coffee table that Tony and I made. It matches the design of the end table. It was actually the most difficult piece of furniture we have made so far. It's also my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment