Wednesday, January 4, 2012

goals

Okay, so I may as well write down my new year's goals, because that's what all the cool people do (Katie and Sarah). First off, I absolutely hate resolutions of any kind, mainly because I never keep them, and I end up getting depressed and eating alot. Which doesn't help with my usual #1 resolution: lose 10 pounds. In spite of all of this, I will give it a whirl. Oh, and these are all gonna sound super cliche, too.

1. Read my bible more. I'm pretty that at the top of every single Christians resolution list. I almost don't even want to put it because it sounds so trite. But seriously, I really do need to read my bible more. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I have prayed more, or read my bible less. As in, I pray all the time, mostly short prayers throughout the day (ie: please help me not lose it) , but I have been very slack about having actual time designated for bible reading/study. Mostly because the time I do have I spend writing this blog or creeping on facebook. Like now.

2. Now for the second most cliche resolution: Lose weight. I hate dieting. Dieting makes me super hungry, and I hate being hungry. I am not a nice person when I'm hungry. I am not a happy person when I am hungry, and I generally really really love and enjoy food. All of this combined makes dieting very difficult, and usually pretty unsuccessful. I'm going to give it a whirl anyways, for the ten thousandth time since leah was born. I am going to adhere to the tried and true method of "eat less, move more." Which brings me to goal number 3.

3. Exercise semi regularly. I want to try to do the Shred, although the last two times I did the Shred I ended up pregnant by day 20. I also want to start training for a marathon. hahahahah... no I don't! Marathons are stupid. Why would any sane person want to run for 26 miles??????????? I would be very happy to be able to run a 5k without feeling like I'm going to die.

4. Since I already mentioned it.... Here's to no pregnancy in 2012!

5. I want to have intentional 1 on 1 time with all three of my kids on a regular basis. I think I'll just have to be flexible with this.

6. Have structured "preschool" time at least 3 mornings a week with Leah and Elias. I'm really really really horrible with structure, and a schedule, so we'll just have to see how this goes.

2 comments: