Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Leah

Yesterday was Leah's birthday. It was also my due date for this third child. I am glad that they will not have the same birthday, but I am beyond ready to have this baby. But that's not the point. This post is about Leah :)


This scarf I made her was the first birthday present she got. I think she liked it.


It really is crazy how old she is getting. She's definitely not my "little baby" anymore.

So on thursday afternoon I decided that I would do a little impromptu get together for Leah, because I was pretty sure I would not be in labor any time soon. I called a few friends, and friday afternoon we had a very small, very informal party for her. The food was literally stuff that I happened to have in my fridge, and I made her half of a rainbow cake.


Not very spectacular, but what's a super pregnant chick to do?


The kids pretty much just played in the backyard. They are all great friends, so it worked out well.


My friend Leigh Anne's older boys were a big help. They were so sweet playing with all the little kids.


We sang happy birthday, ate the half rainbow cake


and opened presents


Like I said, a simple affair. But Leah had fun. At one point she came up to me and said "Mommy, all my friends are here! I'm sooooo happy!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Leah is so pretty now! I mean she's always been absurdly cute, but now she looks like a little lady! The scarf looks awesome on her too!

    ReplyDelete