Tuesday, October 9, 2012

camping trip

So this past weekend we took a family camping trip to Chehaw state park down in Albany Ga. I would like to say that it was awesome, and that we had a fantastic time, but that wouldn't really be the truth. The truth is, at this point, pretty much everything we do is incredibly hard. and exhausting. and hard. and did I mention exhausting?

Elias is pretty much like a spastic puppy left off of a leash. He runs as far away from us as possible any time we are out in the open and then has to be chased down. We're working on this... but it's not going too well.


Leah threw up all over the tent at 1:00 am, so that was fun. Luckily, Elias and Elana did not wake up during this time, even when I was picking vomit out of his hair. Then, at 3:00 am, Elana woke up and decided that she wanted to play.... for 2 hours. Then she finally fell asleep on my chest, and woke up an hour and a half later. So, I got a grand total of about 2 hours of sleep. In a vomit smelling tent. With an almost toddler on my chest. I guess it could have been worse, but not by much.

However, there were some amazing moments that really made worth it. Or almost worth it... I'm not quite sure yet.

Like playing on the most awesome playground ever... 









Hanging around the campfire and making smores in the evening,



(We went with friends... this is their dog, not ours)

And early morning, snuggling by the fire,



and on the hammock.



Elana spent about 2 hours climbing on a off this little chair. She was ridiculously cute.


We also went to a little zoo that was there, but I deliberately forgot to bring the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment