Monday, October 1, 2012

sesame street live

The other day we took Leah and Elias to Macon to see Sesame Street Live. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited about this, and not just because I knew they would love it. I was pumped about seeing Elmo. No joke.


(please ignore the horrible quality of these pics. It was very dark, and I couldn't use a flash).

Tony and I felt a little bit dorky heading off to see this "big show." I mean, here we are in our mid twenties, and we are talking about which sesame character we want see up close.

Seriously though, there is probably nothing sweeter than knowing your children will thoroughly enjoy themselves, and seeing their faces when the monsters came onstage was absolutely priceless.


Leah was holding her little Abby doll the whole time. She kept trying to get the "real" Abby's attention, but alas it never happened.


Tony looks more excited than Elias right here, but I swear he loved it. He spent a lot of time dancing in the aisles. Elias, that is. Not Tony. That would have been kind of awkward. it


So the show was kind of a mixture of Sesame Street meets music man, meets Stomp. It was enjoyable. I mean, we wouldn't go see it just for the heck of it, but it was an incredibly awesome time with our kids.


Leah even got to shake Rositas hand, and Zoe gave her a hug, so that pretty much made her night. (Rosita and Zoe are sesame street characters, btw, for those of you not familiar with the street.)


All the monsters except for Elmo would go into the crowd and mingle with the kids. I'm guessing Elmo tried it once and got mobbed like Justin Bieber and a bunch of middle school girls, because he stayed up on stage away from the fray.



Anywho a fun time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. "The street", hahaha. You and Tony here reminded me of when Jered and I went to the Focus on the Family headquarters in Colorado Springs, and I got to order ice cream from Whit's End. I was so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whit's End... We're just livin the dream over here... livin the dream.

      Delete